Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Jorts

Last night was the monthly soccer board meeting, which is held at the park. At the park, there are some running paths that are usually pretty busy. I don't run there because it is a 15 minute drive from my house, but I have run there a couple of times before.

As I was entering the park, I saw a lady who appeared to be in her early 30's. She was running the paths. I immediately noticed that she was not wearing normal running shorts…she was wearing jorts…with a belt.


All I could think was WTF?? It is 85 degrees outside and she is running in jorts.

Took a rest day today after running both Monday and Tuesday.

Total Miles: 88

Workouts: 42

4 comments:

  1. "Jorts", Needle? Fux that? Must be some kind of Southern-ism, I'm guessing. My context clues tell me it's a garment, and one that most wearers would NOT pair with a belt, nor wear in hot weather. I'll need more clues, though. It's "something beginning with j" + "shorts", I'm guessing.

    Hey! i've got it! Jean shorts! AmIrightAmIrightAmIright????!!!! If so, then your running trail is peopled with raving fucktards. Jean shorts, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O, for the love of Jebus! There's Teh Moose pretending she doesn't know what jorts are?

    They're what she wears when she's trying to draw Mr. Moose's attention to her @$$!

    Which is another way of saying ...

    She never wears them. How could she with all that anal sex going on? Who has time to put on jorts.

    In short, what are jorts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. GQH: Am I supposed to be offended? And repulsed? That would be the typical, normal response, yes? And yet I am only oddly flattered and touched that I've inspired such wild speculation. My sphincter and I thank you. Also, Mr. Moose thanks you. He seems to think that all the anal talk indicates that I'm considering it. Which I am NOT. And I'm prepared to put on some jorts to show him I mean business. I'll even go all out and wear those crazily high waisted jorts. That'll learn 'im.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, at least I got my "jorts" question answered. My cerebral cortex is scarred for life, but thank sweet baby Jesus I now know what "jorts" are.

    And Jorts with a belt after memorial day?! What a luuuzer! I can see why you were so horrified. Jorts are CLEARLY fall/winter running attire, and apparently good for warding off anal sex. They should add that to the advertising campaign.

    ReplyDelete