Friday, March 26, 2010

Strange Weather

This week has been really strange on the weather front. Monday morning was a mix of rain and snow. Temps were in the mid 30's most of the day. Obviously I skipped my run on Monday. Tuesday the high was 67. Wednesday had a high of 72. I got a good run in on Tuesday morning. However, when I got up Wednesday I was just not feeling it. Just had that "rest day" feel to it.

I should have gone out for a slow run or something. Regretted it all day long.

Wednesday night I went on weather.com to see what the forecast was for Thursday morning. Supposed to be nice with little chance of rain. Liars. It was pouring down rain when I got up. The rain continued most of the day and last night there were severe storms with some nice little tornados mixed in.

Temps this morning were great, right about 50. Problem was the wind. Stiff 15-20 mph winds. I still went out for my run and I am glad I did.

I have a long run planned tomorrow. Not sure yet of the distance, but I am thinking in the 7-8 mile range. Really planning on running a better pace than last weekend and I am planning on having Teh Daughter run part of it with me.

Another busy weekend coming up, but I am used to it now.

Total miles: 56

3 comments:

  1. Wednesday night I went on weather.com to see what the forecast was for Thursday morning. Supposed to be nice with little chance of rain. Liars.

    ZOMG, N.Dick!1! You found a ... a ... a factual error on Teh Intertubes?!1? I believe you're the first. You should report this to the guy who edits teh interwebs because I'm sure he'll issue an immediate correction. He should be fired but I bet he's a political appointee and has "job security". Fucking luuuzer!

    Yep, some daze you just don't feel the run. It won't kill you to take a day off. I know that's true because I read it on the Interwebs. Although now ... thanks to you ... I'm a little suspicious of it ... if you die from not running, it's your own fault, Needle.

    Good luck on the long one tomorrow and THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!1!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must have mis-read that because we all know that Al Gore's interwebs never is wrong.

    We can't start doubting teh interwebs, that would lead to chaos...and anal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weather.com lies, alright. Just like Glaven when he talks about my...proclivities.

    Hope the long run was successful!

    ReplyDelete